Harney & Sons Wrapped Japanese Sencha Tea - 6 Box Case
The Kaburagi family has sold to Americans for over 110 years. They are well known in Tokyo and throughout Japan as a pre-eminent supplier of tea. They supply this pleasant Sencha from central Shizuoka. To keep the price somewhat reasonable, Harney & Sons choose teas from the middle of the season. Their founder, John Harney drank this tea everyday for over 10 years. He valued the pleasant flavor and the antioxidants.
- Dry Leaves: The leaves from this tea are a medium lime green color. Since this is a traditional sencha (futsumushi) the leaves are more identifiable than in the deep steamed (fukamushi).
- Liquor: The liquor is a medium green, not as intense as the Ichiban. The green is a truer green than the Bancha, which tends more towards yellow.
- Aroma: Our Japanese Sencha has pleasant spinachy notes, with slight roast flavors that are similar to toasted bread
- Caffeine Level: 30-50mg per sachet
- Body: As a mid-season Sencha, this green tea has good levels of amino acids and more body than most green teas
- Flavors: This is a very pleasant green tea. The mild vegetal flavors with light accents of citrus and toast make this a tea that can handle all your moods - every day.
- Brewing Time: 1 to 2 minutes
- Brewing Temperature: 160° F
- Certified: Kosher